You will need
- Measuring cup
- 1 cup of cornflour
- ½ cup of water
- Food colouring (you can choose which colour)
- Plastic container with lid for storage
What to do
- Measure out 1 cup of cornflour and place it in a bowl.
- Measure out ½ cup of water.
- Slowly add some of the water to the cornflour and mix with your hands.
- Then add some more water and keep mixing with your hands.
- Continue adding water and mixing until your slime has the right consistency.
- If gets is too runny you can add some more cornflour.
- Add about 10 drops of food colouring until your slime and mix it.
- You can store your slime in a plastic container with a lid. Your slime might still dry out a bit over time. If this happens you can just add some more water.
Mixing cornflour and water gives you a slime that behaves very peculiar. If you touch it very lightly it feels liquid like water. If you hit it very hard and fast it feels solid like a rubber ball. The slime reacts differently depending on the force that acts on it. The bigger the force, the harder the slime. The smaller the force, the more liquid the slime behaves. These kind of liquids are called “non-Newtonian”.
You can watch the experiment as a video here: