You will need:
- Coloured sweets, for example smarties or skittles
What to do:
- Choose three colours that you want to use in your atom. Once colour for the protons, one for the neutrons and one for the electrons.
- Cut some string to make the electron shell.
- Put the sweets that represent the protons and the neutrons in the middle. The middle of the atom is called the nucleus.
- Arrange the string in a circle around the nucleus. It will form the electron shell.
- Put the sweets that represent the electrons on the electron shell (string). Make sure that the amount of protons and electrons is the same.
- Your atomic model is now complete. If you wish you can label the atom and add the charges for protons, electrons and neutrons.
You can watch this experiment on YouTube:
En reaktion till “How to make an atomic model with sweets”
Reblogga detta på A tang of science.